SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS COMMITTEE
The Parish of St. Bernard of Clairvaux is proud to announce the tenth academic year of our scholarship for pursuing a higher education at a Catholic University. These funds are made possible by the Parish of St. Bernard of Clairvaux’s portion of the Diocese of Tulsa Fund for the Future monies which have been set aside in the St. Bernard of Clairvaux Educational Trust.
In order to apply for a one of these scholarships the student or their family must be parishioners of the Parish of St. Bernard of Clairvaux and be pursuing or plan to pursue a higher education at a Catholic University. The Scholarship Committee asks that the following documents be completed and returned to the Parish Office no later than April 24, 2016:
1. Parent/Guardian statement, and a
2. Principal/Dean statement
The Scholarship Committee would also ask that the applicant write at least a one-page letter to the Committee, which details:
1. The Catholic University you are or will be attending,
2. why you have chosen this Catholic University,
3. why these scholarship funds would be important to your pursuing a degree at the Catholic University you have chosen,
4. volunteering and other activities you are involved in,
5. Other special consideration: Students who do not qualify under normal criteria (such as financial need or academic potential i.e. 2.5 on a 4.0 scale) due to health, cultural deprivations, learning disabilities, etc. will be given consideration by the Committee.